Tour the UK in teams around the East and the rest of the UK to see who reaches the finish first. The tour takes us around different land marks around the whole of the UK – the challenge will be to virtually cycle around England and Scotland – 1792.6miles/ or 2885km on the bike and around Wales 304.7miles/or 490.3km running or walking.
We are asking for Clubs, Teams and School groups to get join in our fun starting on May 1st 2020. There are two categories: TSS-TS2 age8-11 with a max of 10 per team & TS2-Youth ages 12-16 with a max of 5 per team
The TEAMS FOR 2020
Here are the rules:
- An adult must be the team captain – either a parent or club coach/team manager
- The tour will start at 00:01 on 1st May 2020 and continue until the 1st team has passed the finish mileage/Km.
- Each day at approx. 4pm Emma will update the leader board and update via email and social media – so please join/follow our Tri East facebook page, Instagram or twitter @trieast2. Also please feel free to share on your social media and we will try and tag you in ours.
- Each team must not exceed a max number of participants in team – TSS-TS2 (8-11yrs) 10 people on team & TS2-Youth (12-16yrs) 5 people on team.
- The team can only substitute a member if an injury occurs and email must be sent from your Team Captain to Emma to inform her of the situation.
- Team leaders should ensure that no one is over training – this is a fun challenge and should ideally fit in with your regular sessions each week and ideal guide would be that the max amount of hours training each week is the same as your age ie 8yrs = 8hrs a week, 16yrs=16 hours a week. If we see and excessive amount of training by one individual then a warning will be given and if this is not tailored down then the athlete may be asked to leave the tour.
- You can be a member of more than one team if you would like. For example a school team and a club team.
- The team that wins will be the 1st to cross the finish line having completed 1792.6miles/ or 2885km on the bike and 304.7miles/or 490.3km running or walking.
- When we get nearer the end of the tour if we have a tiebreak situation and a few teams are looking to pass the total number of miles/Km on the same day then we will take the team who has the most mileage past the finish mileage on that day and work backwards – so don’t stop when you hit the correct mileage in case there is a tie.
- In the event no team passes the finish by 31st May then we will carry on until the 1st team does.